What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My kind of music...


I am in the kitchen, doing kitchen-type things (some days I swear I live in that room!). I hear noise, which is not abnormal in our house full of four kids. But it isn't just normal noise I hear, it's singing.....& it isn't girl singing, which would not be an unusual event because Mallory is my artist who loves music....it's a BOY singing.....& it is absolutely adorable!! (so says his Mom) I have another artist......Hatcher!! He not only sings, but he writes his own songs. Sometimes he just sits at the piano, plucking notes & making up words....I LOVE IT!

One time on a Walmart outing, he spent the entire time sitting in the cart singing about all the things that God has created..."God made the lawn mowers & the milk & the hot dogs...." basically God made everything he happened to see in Walmart.

But while in the kitchen, this is the song I heard,

"I'm a dyin', I'm a dyin', I'm a ddddyyyyyyyiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn', Cadillac!"

Ok....what in the world is this song? Where would he hear it? Did he make it up?? Nope, he heard it on "Huckleberry Hound," an old cartoon I used to watch as a little girl. But the way he heard it was, "Oh my darlin', Oh my darlin', Oh my daaaaaaarrrrrrrrlin', Clementine...."

Oh that made me laugh once I made the connection! Funny thing is, he had the tune just perfect!!!

No comments:

StatCounter