What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Thursday, October 23, 2008

Double-Gap

Well, I think I shot myself in the foot. A couple years ago when Bergen lost his first tooth, the Tooth Fairy left him a note, along with his dollar & pack of sugar free gum. Because of that first encounter with the Tooth Fairy, the bar was set....& he buys it hook, line & sinker. I mean, in a house where the Easter Bunny isn't real & they know that (although they still question the Easter Beagle) & where Santa does not come to deliver the presents, the Tooth Fairy is alive & well. Bergen gets very excited to see what creative thing she has written this time....she may be running out of inspiration....I mean, it's been 6 teeth already! And come on, but sometimes, it happens at very inconvenient times! How in the world does the Tooth Fairy keep up with it all? How does she always have a pack of sugar free gum in a flavor Bergen will like & cash to boot??? (many last-minute trips to Safeway, I am sure.) How many teeth do kids lose anyway? And how will she keep up with the next three kiddos? These are all serious questions I am sure she asks herself while she is trying to compose a creative ditty in her head & waiting for the printer to work in the wee hours after the toothless boy is fast asleep.


So recently, Bergen lost another tooth....at the breakfast table (gross). He now has a double-gap to stick his tongue through, of which he is very proud.....but my other boy was sick & I was exhausted (he still is sick & I still am exhausted, by the way) & I knew that as bedtime approached, the tooth had been forgotten....& frankly, I was ok with that. Then, it was remembered & I'm pretty sure I lied. Around 11 pm that night, as I was still up with the sick little boy, Bergen comes down from bed to say, "My tooth!! I forgot my tooth!!" And as I groaned inwardly, I hear these words coming out of my mouth, "Well hon, I think it's too late tonight to put it out....she has probably already passed by our house, so it's going to have to wait until tomorrow." He slowly turned with shoulders slumped & went back to bed.


Thankfully, the Tooth Fairy finally came to make her visit (she was prepared with gum & a dollar this time!)......& here is Bergen with his note she left him (very creative, I might add).




Oh, how does she do it all? And tell me again, how many teeth do kids lose??? And, Bergen wants to know what she does with all those teeth....maybe someday I will tell you all what my idea was.....& as I stated at the beginning of this blog...I think I shot myself in the foot.

No comments:

StatCounter