What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

On again, off again……….well, mostly off

In my efforts to be a blogger, I have a noticed a funny relationship that I have with this so-called blog of mine. & in noticing this “hang-up” of mine, I have made the connection to many other areas of my life. In my head I have had pictured what I wanted our family blog to look like. I wanted it all figured out & put into place & of course, pretty…ha ha…..THEN, I would actually do what it was intended for….write. I have had MANY good intentions to write….great ideas, funny things that have happened, events to be celebrated, great recipe or idea finds….& even some very deep questions that I have wanted to get out of my brain & out “there” somewhere where maybe, just maybe I could get some feedback. But according to Dennis Prager, a radio talk show host that I love to listen to when I have a few quiet moments (www.pragerradio.com), good intentions don’t matter……not one iota! The only thing that ultimately matters is action. When your earthly end comes, do you think God is going to be satisfied with just your good intentions? Your intentions to someday follow Him? Your intentions to turn your life around? Your intentions to bear fruit? Nope. & although the comparison of our ultimate demise & my lack of blog-writing doesn’t really fit, that is where I am.

So, good intentions aside…..here I am again. Not only with the intentions this time, but the actions that follow. & if you haven’t noticed, a new look to this blog of ours (& I do think it’s pretty, if I say so myself). Time is short….life changes constantly….& I am wasting the “ample” time I have been given on good intentions. I hope to gain a few more readers….I hope to dig deep & have something worthwhile to mention…aside of course, from my beautiful children & all the funny & endearing things they do daily.

God has been moving in this heart & mind of mine. Wild to think the God of the universe cares what is in my confusing head….but He does. So, even if you don’t really care what is inside this head, I hope you give me a chance & check back every once in awhile to see what else I have put out here……

Thanks for reading….

2 comments:

d.j. said...

Nice job on the blog. I like the new look. Keep at it so I know what's going on in the family. ;-)

I love you,

Renee said...

Well, it's been awhile since I checked my google reader that holds my blogs. *My* intentions have been to get to this page and read some blogs that I have gotten behind in. Imagine my surprise to see your blog up and running again? Cool. Makes me want to come back to my google reader more often.. Love ya, Jynelle.

StatCounter