What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vacuuming Postscript...

Well, after posting my little blog there on Hatcher & his vacuuming-obsession, I realized I forgot to include what it was that inspired that little story in the first place.

Now, I have a bad habit of using the word "suck" to describe anything, that well, sucks. You never realize how you sound until your own words are coming out of your children's mouths. I have also been known to use the phrase, "butt-crack of dawn" when having to get up early, but that is another issue altogether (no, I am NOT a morning person).

Anyway, a few weeks ago we had to send our vacuum away for a week for maintenance. I'm not sure any of these guys realize how long a week is without a vacuum. So what did I do? I borrowed one from my Mom (yes, she has more than one.) Hatcher asked if he could vacuum & was very sad when he realized he had to use Ohmi's vacuum & kept asking when ours was going to be back. After trying to use this substitute vacuum & getting very frustrated with it, Hatcher asked if he could call my Mom, otherwise known as Ohmi.

"Hi Ohmi," he says when she answers the phone, "Your vacuum sucks!"

I didn't know whether to laugh or be appalled at him using that word!!! I, of course, laughed. He then proceeded to make arrangements with Ohmi to bring over her white vacuum that he apparently has had much experience with on visits to her house....Papa brought it over a couple hours later & he was happy again & back to vacuuming the house. The day our own vacuum came back from the shop was a celebration in HatcherLand!!! See, don't you just wish he was yours?!

IMG_6100

No comments:

StatCounter