What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tuesdays with Hatcher...

This year, we started a new thing with my school-aged kiddos. They get to go to 'school' on Tuesdays all day long. It's turned out to be a very cool program & both Bergen & Mallory enjoy it & are learning a lot.
That leaves me alone with only Hatcher & Melissa for an entire day. Many fun opportunities & conversations have come up because of this & I have to admit I love it! It's not that I love having my older kids gone from me, it's that I LOVE the one-on-one time I get with Hatcher. He is so smart & such a joy to do things with & talk with.....I think when the entire family is around & we are in the midst of our normal chaos, the true Hatcher can get lost in the mix.

Every Tuesday I try to have one special thing that only Hatcher & I can do together. This past week it was making a cake for the family to enjoy for dessert after dinner. He had a blast! He got to crack the eggs, lick the beaters & turn on the mixer (WAY too fast the first time & he sent flour flying!)......he & I both really enjoyed the time & I look forward to many more Tuesdays with Hatcher.


He even shared a couple licks with Melissa...

No comments:

StatCounter