What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More holes in her head....

A few weeks ago, Mallory heard of a younger friend of hers getting her ears pierced. Normally, this would not be monumental to Mallory, who many times has examined my earrings, telling me how pretty they are, & yet, not wanting to join the earring club because 'it hurts.' I am ok with that. I figured, when she was ready, she would let me know & DJ & I never set an age....we just figured we roll with it when it came up.

Well, it came up. Her carefully measured words were, "If she can do it, then I can do it." & that was it. Mallory's monumental decision (monumental for, at the time, an almost 6 year old, anyway.)
I let her sleep on it & figured a day or two would clear her mind & bring her back to her senses, but to no avail. She was very insistent, which is NOT a regular Mallory thing. So, DJ & I discussed & a day later, I took Mallory to get her ears pierced. All she says now is how glad she is that it's over....& that she "yuvs" her pretty earrings.

She got through it with only a few tears & I got through it taking many deep breaths to keep the tears away (yes, I realize I am a wimp....not for the physical part, I can handle blood any day, but the emotional, mommy-heart part). Afterwards, I got her a sundae with a generous amount of cherries & her pain was all but forgotten.....& now bring on the earrings!!!

A very stoic & serious Mallory is waiting for the big event....she even brought her polar bear with her to help...


Getting hear ears marked....

Waiting for the pain!


& then the tears.....

& her new sparkly earrings.....

No comments:

StatCounter