What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Words...

There are some words that I hear a lot lately...& they are a paradox. Their meaning is not a paradox......the feelings these words invoke in me are the paradox. How can a phrase at times be so stinkin' frustrating & yet at other times, be so endearing they bring tears to this mom's eyes??? I don't get it.....but then, yet I do....because it all centers around a two year old & they are as unpredictable as Colorado weather.

"Want to hold you," MJ says. She says it when she is tired, hurt or scared.....or just being needy. I hear these words & usually my hands are in the middle of something else. So...I have to take a deep breath & remember the important part of my job as a stay-at-home-mom is not just trying to "do stuff" around the house, but to be there for my kids when they need me. That is TOUGH!!! My "young, romantic ideas" on being a "homemaker" were filled with pictures of me doing laundry, making lunches, conducting school.......sure, kissing boo-boos & all that....but I don't think I pictured me dropping everything to hold a child who obviously had nothing wrong with them at the most frustrating moments. But then, my picture didn't include MelissaJack!!


Photobucket


...& here she is, wearing the "Big Smith" overalls that were given to me when I was little...how can you refuse her?? "Want to hold you, Mom."

1 comment:

Renee said...

I hear ya, sister.

StatCounter