What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Friday, December 19, 2008

Men in tights....


Last weekend, Mallory & I were able to go see the "Nutcracker" at the Union Colony Civic Center here in Greeley (Thank you, Papa Doug!). This tradition (of sorts) was started last year & I hope it continues on for many more years. We went with Mallory's cousin & partner in crime, Jessica. They have been taking dance classes together & their instructor was in the production. We all got dressed up in our holiday best, especially our girls, & we enjoyed a night at the theater.

This year, Mallory was more into it than she was last year. She told me the entire story as the production was going on & there was quite a bit I didn't know. Mallory's dream is to be in the production herself one day...I guess this Mom needs to figure out how to go about that.

As we were watching the most-talked about "Sugar Plum Fairy" do her dance, I leaned over to Mallory & said, "Look Mal, it's the Sugar Plum Fairy (which I knew from looking in the program)." Mallory's response was, "Yes, but Mom, she isn't very sugary or plumy...I like the Dew Drop Fairy better....I hope I can be her when I am in the Nutcracker." "Well," I said, I think you have to be much older to be the Dew Drop Fairy." "Oh, you mean like six?" replied Mallory. Yep, she has it all worked out in her head....

It was a nice time, we enjoyed being with both the Ohmis (that's the Grandmothers) & Aunt Julia & Jessica....we look forward to next year & maybe Mallory will be on stage instead of in the audience?! (& maybe the lead man will wear more than tights......please.....maybe a loin clothe? A skirt? Just something!! It's very disturbing!)
Here is Aunt Julia & Jessica...

Ohmi Jake & Jessica are on the left, Ohmi LeeLou & Mallory are on the right

No comments:

StatCounter