What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Friday, December 19, 2008

A little bee told me...


Melissa Jack is one year old!!! My baby girl has turned one year old....sniff. She is now officially a toddler & no longer an infant. Why is this a bittersweet thing for mothers?

Ok...now to the fun.....we had a party to celebrate the first year of our girlie & it was all about honeybees. The name Melissa means "honeybee" in Greek. Here are some pictures of the big day, starting with her invite.....I had a lot of fun planning this....


Here is the cake....

Here is Melissa's cake...

She is wondering why in the world we are all singing to her....

Into the cake she dives....


We Jacobsens are not afraid of our food!!

Here she is when all was said & done....she ate her ENTIRE cake!!....we had to "rock, paper, scissors" to see who was gonna clearn her up....I lost....

Thank you to all you family & friends who came & celebrated our little girl!

1 comment:

Renee said...

simply adorable. These photos show EXACTLY why I love first b-days the most. I love watching a baby enjoy a cake for the first time like this. So cute.

StatCounter