What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Monday, August 2, 2010

Seen, heard, said & accomplished....

Despite my recent surgery & my house seeming to fall apart around me (ugh the laundry!), life still continues on in the Jacobsen house. Kids still eat & then they grow......milestones happen & even some cute stuff occurs.

First, here is a cute thing.....DJ working on his laptop is joined by another "worker"...& she is concentrating pretty hard too....

Photobucket

Second, we have a milestone....Bergen passes his Hunter's Safety with flying colors, even getting in two "kill shots" as he explained it on the shooting portion of the test. Watch out water fowl! Bergen is coming for you in October! My little boy is growing up......

Photobucket

Third, I can't explain why, but if a cake, or ice cream or anything that contains even the tiniest amount of chocolate comes within 10 feet of Mallory, it suddenly shows up on her face! It never fails. And this isn't something that happens once the sweet is all eaten! It usually happens on the very first bite!! What in the world am I going to do with her?????

Photobucket

And finally, we have Hatcher. Oh dear, sweet Hatcher. There is just no substitution for him. He is my little man. A number of weeks ago, we had gone to church & during the service we had Communion. You poured your own juice from a pitcher & you took a piece of bread from a plate. After the service, people are talking, kids are running around.....basically the norm. Hatcher comes out & says, "Hey guys! They have free samples!" He had a handful of the leftover Communion bread that he found on a plate around where our services are held. That's my boy! Apparently, free samples excite him......

Photobucket

I know the dirty laundry will still be here tomorrow, but I'm reminded my kids are growing fast & these times are fleeting, so I am holding on to them!

No comments:

StatCounter