What is being said....

"I need dessert for my blood sugar."

Mallory, 7 yrs.


Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Spring has sprung & then some....

No, I haven't forgotten how to post a blog....we haven't had 'nothing' going on....I just haven't felt motivated. GASP! How can that be? Well, with four kids roaming around this house, blogging (& facebooking, for that matter) have taken a WAY back burner.

But today, I have decided to jump back on the wagon....ha ha. Spring in Colorado has been nice (& a big stormy with a couple of tornado warnings to sit out). The green has returned to Greeley & I love it! Our garden is planted & the grass is getting mowed on a regular basis. Here are some pictures of what has happened up until now to catch you up on The Jacobsen Nation.

bergcannon

We went to the park to play...a park in Loveland. Bergen is posing here on the cannon at the park...DJ used to play on it when he was a kid....

hatch2

IMG_6395

IMG_6415

flower1

We got LOTS of snow on our daffodils....

ruler

eggs

We had a wacky April Fool's breakfast.....eggs & toast? I think not! I got all the kids with this one!

IMG_6544

We acted silly....

eggs

We colored eggs....

IMG_6576

IMG_6578

This was Melissa's first egg ever to color....or "balls" as she called them...

IMG_6583

IMG_6640

IMG_6679

Much to the chagrin of the boys, we dressed up....

IMG_6726

We did school.....

IMG_6571

Mallory's reading skills improved SO much! She started reading to her brother.

IMG_6735

We acted silly some more.....

IMG_6736

IMG_6744

IMG_6802

We licked a beater...

IMG_6882

Hatch played soccer (when the weather would let us).

missmalbw

Mallory posed pretty....

hatmjatv1

Hatch took Melissa for a ride on our cousin's ATV......

hatmjatv2

IMG_6966

DJ & Jynelle went for a ride of their own....

IMG_6969

cooldj

DJ looked cool....always.

hatchcake

Hatch ate cake & got a soccer trophy...

hatchsoctrop

IMG_8332

Bergen played soccer.....& itched his ear!

mjtongue

Melissa ran around.....

myhatch

Hatch gave me a good shot....

ohmimj

Melissa hung out with Ohmi LeeLou

hatchpool

Hatch went "swimming"...notice the size of the pool to the size of his swimming gear.....

hatchpool2

seeds

We planted our garden....

malplant

mjmud

We played in the mud!

bergtree

We went & saw a very cute play where Bergen played Olley Oak Tree!

papawrest

& some of us wrestled with Papa Doug....

We also sanded down our wood floors, stained them, sanded them again & stained them again & finally covered them with varnish......LONG story......painful too, but I'm sure DJ would LOVE to tell it....(yes, it was my fault).

Spring has been fun & there is more fun to come this summer.....& maybe I'm back on the blogging wagon for awhile.....or maybe not.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Pictures are my favorite thing to help us remember what we did! I know some of the "memories" my kids have is because we have pictures to help remind them of what we have done. Wow, you did a lot this spring!! Nice synopsis of that time. What is the April fools egg and toast? And, love the picture of Hatcher giving you a good shot and love Bergen as the tree. so cute. Keep taking those photos and sharing. It's fun to get a peek into your lives. Oh! And lastly, I love your family photos at the top of your blog on the slide. What a fun angle. Good thinking. I want to do that with my family!!

Nicole said...

Good updates! I saw the pics of your school stuff, and I was just curious what curriculum you guys use. . .

StatCounter